The object of The Learning Love Work is to transform our relating to others, to ourselves, and to life in general from a state of dysfunction to mature and healthy love.
There are many ways that our dysfunctional relating can show itself:
- Being dependent on another for nurturing and well-being
- Seeking nourishment in self-destructive ways (addiction).
- Relating with conflict and drama
- Retreating into isolation
- Inability to set limits
- Uncontrollable rage attacks
- Depression, negativity and low energy
All of these behaviors come from our unhealed wounds inside – deep inner places of shame, insecurity, fear, shock, and mistrust. And because of these wounds, we have lost a basic connection to our essential nature of beauty, uniqueness, love of life, longing to share, and a deep spiritual connection to existence.
When our relating becomes healthy and mature,
- We learn to tolerate frustration and to contain pain and fear.
- We are no longer looking to be rescued or to rescue.
- We can allow others to be different than we are and we can support them to live their lives in the fullest way possible.
- We are able to give to ourselves the time and space that we need.
- We are able to set appropriate limits when we feel disrespected.
- We are willing to continue to open to others in deeper and deeper ways by challenging our defenses and our fears.
- We learn to honor our body.
This work is a highly specific, gentle but effective approach to recovering from our wounded state of being and discovering our true nature. The approach is without pressure or confrontation in order to access our deepest inner spaces.
It combines the teaching of meditation with direct experiencing of wounded states, intensive inner inquiry, psychological teaching, specific relating exercises and awaking repressed life energy in an atmosphere of relaxation and acceptance.
The Work teaches us to:
- Becoming aware of the wounds we carry inside and directly experiencing these wounds.
- Understanding the story behind our wounds so that we can gradually dis-identify from our past.
- Recognizing when our wounds get triggered in our daily life and learning to feel the fear and pain that comes up.
- Reconnecting with our essential life energy and discovering our hidden beauty inside.
- Learning the tools to relate and communicate consciously.
The Program includes individual and couples sessions and seminars offered by the founders and certified therapist around the world. The founders, Krishnananda and Amana have written four books and recorded four meditation CDs to guide people in the work.